Promoting responsible gaming
Please ensure your gambling is fun, not damaging, and remember the following:
- You're not investing your money, you're buying some leisure time
- Keep within set boundaries on how much time and money you're going to part with
- If you win, or reach your cash limit, stop playing, and don't chase losses
- Never put your family or home at risk by gambling more money than you can afford to lose
- Ensure gambling is just one of your pastimes, not an all consuming habit
- Keep gambling in perspective, for fun, not as an escape or stress reliever
- Gambling within boundaries is fine, but ensure you're in control and it's not controlling you
If you consider yourself to have, or to be developing a gambling addiction please seek advice from one of the many organisations who can support you. Some are listed below. There will be others specific to your country of origin.
- Gamblers Anonymous<
- National Council on Problem Gambling<
Do remember to gamble responsible at all times.